|2) 1968 Corvette Coupe Project Car Lots Of Paperwork POP & Order Form From GM. Most of the frame is rusted away and is NOT salvageable. The body shell has been spoken for. What is included with this sale is the following parts and or pieces. ONLY those listed are included NOTHING ELSE.
1. A 327 300 HP SHORT BLOCK ie: NO heads, intake, carb, exhaust manifolds etc.
2. Turbo 350 or 400 Transmission
3. The windshield frame ONLY w/ plate
4. The trim plate from the door jamb
5. A clear title PLUS the order sheet, Protecto Plate, Dealer check off sheet, Original owners manual and envelope.
NOTHING more is included with the sale.
The engine in the photo is the numbers matching engine that was in the car. The picture is when it was together. You get a short block ONLY as stated above.
NO BODY, INTERIOR, FRAME, SUSPENSION ETC. are included!!!!!!!!!
This is a project car not for the faint of heart.
The car had good history and a good paper trail back to May 15, 1968 when it was ordered on order number 70327 by J.P. Hawkins from dealer 500 which is GM for the Public Relations Pool. He put an X by the following options: 327 300 HP engine, M40 Turbo Hydra Matic transmission, G81 3:08 ratio rear end, J50 Power Brakes, N40 Power Steering, A31 Power Windows, C50 Rear window defroster, A01 Tinted glass ALL, A82 Head Restraint-driver & passenger(headrest seats), U69 AM-FM radio, U15 Speed warning speedometer, N36 Steering Column-Adjustable, PT7 Special nylon white stripe tires F70x15. He also had it painted Safari Yellow Code YY and black interior Code E. 1 of only 9936 Coupes made in 1968. This was according to the trim plat, a K03 build code which is a June 3, 1968 build. January 7, 2012.
1) Safari Yellow Black Interior, 327/300 Auto, P/S, P/B, P/W, Telescopic, Rear Defrost, 69,327 Actual Miles. Amazing Unmolested numbers matching original corvette. Same owner last 18 years. Needs frame repair or replacement and overall restoration. Engine runs and car is movable, but not considered drivable due to frame deterioration. Interior all original with original working radio. Original Order Sheet, Owners Manual, Maintenance Manual, Protect-O-Plate etc. $12,000. No sign or record of any accidents other than visible tree damage on drivers side rear. 69,327 miles from the odometer. October 21, 2011.